Pagina de start a forumului www.snookerforum.ro
Autentificare Înregistrare FAQ Membri Căutare Pagina de start a forumului www.snookerforum.ro Snooker Live Stream

Hi all

Crează un subiect nou   Răspunde la subiect    Pagina de start a forumului www.snookerforum.ro » Forum general
Subiectul anterior :: Subiectul următor  
Autor Mesaj
Gerard

Data înscrierii: 28/Oct/2010

MesajTrimis: Joi 28 Oct 2010, 17:08    Titlul subiectului: Hi all Răspunde cu citat (quote)

My name is Gerard, I'm a snooker & pool player from the Netherlands who recently moved to Timisoara.

With a little help from someone I met on facebook I managed to stumble on this forum (thanks again).

I hope to attend some tournaments throughout the country in the future, though the next few months it is still unlikely for me to visit anywhere for a tournament, unless it is close to Timisoara. My cue is still in the Netherlands, so don't expect much of me if you ever do meet me near a snookertable - I have not practiced in months either, unfortunately.

In the world of snooker my most memorable achievements are:
-5th rank in the dutch under-18 rankings
-5th rank in the dutch national juniors championship
-32nd rank on the dutch snooker ranking
-Runner-up in the dutch team-cup
-6th rank with the team Piccadilly Groningen in the dutch national team competition, top league
-last 16 in Pontin's Plate, Prestatyn, Wales.

Highest breaks:
125 in training (line-up)
80 during competition

(do not worry, Im not a breakbuilder at all, those breaks were luck - if I come to a table now Ill be happy to make a 20 Very Happy)

My favorite players are Stephen Hendry, (because he's the one I watched on tv winning prizes all the time while I was very young) Mark Selby, (he's a nice guy) and Tom Ford (he once beat me 2-0 within 5 minutes - including the time to setup the table... magical)

I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of you as I plan to frequently visit tournaments at some point in time. I really like the game and hope to find others who share my love for it.

Oh - I dont speak romanian, only dutch, flemish, english and a little german.

Cya all on the table someday!

Clara White
Administrator

Data înscrierii: 21/Noi/2004
Locație: Snookerland

MesajTrimis: Joi 28 Oct 2010, 19:48    Titlul subiectului: Răspunde cu citat (quote)

Welcome aboard, Gerard! Very Happy
Hopefully, you'll get acquainted here with some of our best snooker players and find your way around - and your way to the Romanian snooker events. Very Happy

Congratulations on your achievements so far! Pretty impressive, I must say. Who knows, maybe you'll add some more of those here.

Vezi profilul utilizatorului Caută toate mesajele lui Clara White Trimite mesaj privat Codul Yahoo Messenger
Gerard

MesajTrimis: Joi 28 Oct 2010, 21:34    Titlul subiectului: Răspunde cu citat (quote)

That would indeed be very nice, Id love to oneday make a century break in a competitive match... though I have my doubts it will ever happen, Im not really good enough for it and dont think Ill be able to set myself to train as much as I used to.

I just hope to enjoy the game, whether I will win or lose, it's all ok to me. Actually, the best matches Ive been in were almost all matches I've lost. I might enjoy losing more then winning, haha.

danacateia
Addicted to snooker

Data înscrierii: 14/Sep/2009
Locație: Brasov

MesajTrimis: Vin 29 Oct 2010, 12:30    Titlul subiectului: Răspunde cu citat (quote)

Welcome Gerard!
Do not give up ,yours first official CENTURY BREAK will come
faster than you expect, when you do not wait!

RazMAN
Fan

Data înscrierii: 04/Mai/2010
Locație: Brasov

MesajTrimis: Vin 29 Oct 2010, 14:37    Titlul subiectului: welcome Răspunde cu citat (quote)

Welcome Gerard,

if it's not too far away from you, you're invited in Brasov from time to time to join our local tournament. I'm sure our players will be delighted to play with someone with so many achivements (too many for the snooker level in our country so far Smile ). we have a nice Club in here with 3 tables.

Sus
Vezi profilul utilizatorului Caută toate mesajele lui RazMAN Trimite mesaj privat
Gerard

MesajTrimis: Vin 29 Oct 2010, 19:48    Titlul subiectului: Răspunde cu citat (quote)

Thanks for the invitation, Ill be sure to send you a message on these forums someday to ask when these tournaments are exactly.

Right now it is still a little too far away for me to travel, I need to earn enough money to go there first, and I dont have a fulltime job at this time, only some small projects online which come and go.

Once I've found a fulltime job, Ill definately come visit your tournament(s)!

And thanks for the confidence in me dana, I think I'll need a lot of training again though to even have a chance at that again Smile

Afișează mesajele pentru a le previzualiza:   
Crează un subiect nou   Răspunde la subiect    Pagina de start a forumului www.snookerforum.ro » Forum general Ora este GMT + 2 ore
Pagina 1 din 1

Mergi direct la:  
Nu puteți crea un subiect nou în acest forum
Nu puteți răspunde în subiectele acestui forum
Nu puteți modifica mesajele proprii din acest forum
Nu puteți șterge mesajele proprii din acest forum
Nu puteți vota în chestionarele din acest forum